Monday, January 3, 2011

Blog #3: Skiing

For New Years, my family went skiing! Personally, I wasnt excited at all about going but after getting on my skis I had fun. This was my second time skiing and my first time did not go well at all. The first time I went skiing, I couldnt walk at all in those ski shoes, then I couldnt get the skis on and I couldnt get to the top of the slope once I did. As if that wasnt bad enough, I could not stop. I would force myself to fall over so I wouldnt crash. I'd throw my poles in the air and fall sideways and scream to my dad to help me get up. I had a miserable time and swore I'd never go again. And I wouldnt have if I wasnt forced to by my parents. This time we went I didnt fall once! Although, I only went down the bunny slope...
The second day of skiing, aka New Years day, it started snowing while we were skiing! I skiied down the hill with my tongue hanging out of my mouth trying to catch some snow. Unfortunately, I didnt get any in my mouth and my face was hurt by billions of little snow drops falling from the sky while I  was skiing down a hill rather fast.
My sister is such a strange little creature! We're skiing down the hill together with her a few feet in front of me and all of a sudden it looks like shes having a seizure. We get down to the line for the ski left and I asked her what the heck she was doing. She gave me one word: Zumba. I should have guessed. She does Zumba everywhere, Target, grocery stores, in her bed and now the slopes. The whole way up on the ski lift she tried to convince me to do it with her. I said sure as long as she sang really loud. I didnt think shed do it but, she did. I couldnt believe my sister was going down the hill singing Zumba songs and Zumba-ing. Plenty of people stared but it was rather entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment