Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Home Depot Brings Me Down.

   So November 2008 we began to get our kitchen remodeled by Home Depot. Now, its almost 2011 and we STILL don't have a dang kitchen!!! Instead of writing out the whole story, just watch the video. Link below. This is just basically going to tell you my opinions and what not.


   I really hate not having a kitchen. At first, it was cool I thought because that meant my mom couldn't make Indian food every night for dinner and we'd have to eat out. Now, yea..not so cool. I wish I could make home made food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. AND DESSERT!!!!! Oh my gosh dessert!!! I love that stuff like crazy! French macrons, coconut cupcakes, cookies, cake, banoffee pie..YUUUM! I've been dying to attempt making French macrons, banoffee pie, and amazing, heavenly coconut cupcakes! But guess what?? ITS NOT FREAKING HAPPENING!!! You know what else isn't happening? My dream 16th birthday cake! I don't want a party, or people singing to me, or gifts, I want my dang cake!!!!! Its purple (my favorite colour) and gold (my golden birthday!) with pistachio French macrons.
   
Not having a kitchen makes eating extremely hard. Especially eating healthy. Most everything is from out or a box, oh joy box food..not. We've got to get food that can be prepared my microwave, toaster oven or camping stove. And preparing it is hard too! I feel terrible for my mom who makes almost every meal. She has to walk all the way down to garage to get whatever she needs and has to bring it up in a paper bag. Then prepare it on the camping stove which takes FOREVER to heat up.


No kitchen=no space. There are boxes everywhere from kitchen things. This year for Christmas, we didn't  any decorations because the boxes in the garage stood in the way of getting boxes of decorations down. And we didn't have a tree..no wonder I feel like there was no Christmas this year. We've got two tables in the dining area which makes things pretty crowded. Most mornings I usually end up stubbing my toe on one table or another. Mornings and I hate each other, hurting myself during this time is especially bad. Now that we don't have a kitchen sink we wash our dishes in a bathroom. ick.


One thing I really miss is when my mom would be making dinner and I'd finish up doing homework in the back dining area and I'd talk to her or just watch her cook. I remember sitting there and thinking "cooking looks like so much fun. I cant wait till I'm older and Mom lets me help her or maybe even lets me cook dinner alone." 


Not having a kitchen sucks. Our kitchen used to be my favorite place to be. Now, I hate going in there, every time I walk into it I get a little ball in my stomach and I want to burst in to tears. Whenever I go to anyones house I feel so jealous that they have a kitchen to cook in but I don't. Watching my friends bring homemade treats to lunch makes me jealous too, I miss when my mom would be able to pack me some homemade muffins or cookies or something. I miss washing dishes in our big kitchen sink, pretending I was the dishwasher of a famous restaurant, putting dishes away in a tall cabinet, not a box, coming home to the smell of blueberry muffins in the oven and eating them as soon as they came out. I miss everything about not having a kitchen. I pray that we will have a kitchen soon and this nightmare will be a thing of the past. D':


Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc_TvOTjKyY

No comments:

Post a Comment